Here is what the above code is Doing:
1. We are creating a new column called ‘purchase’ in the dataframe.
2. We are using the ‘apply’ function to apply a function to each row of the dataframe.
3. The function we are applying is called ‘purchase_bias’.
4. The function ‘purchase_bias’ takes in a row of the dataframe and returns a 1 or 0 based on the following logic:
a. If the user is from group A, we will randomly assign a 1 or 0 with a 50% chance.
b. If the user is from group B, we will randomly assign a 1 or 0 with a 30% chance.
c. If the user is from group C, we will randomly assign a 1 or 0 with a 20% chance.
5. We then convert the ‘purchase’ column to type ‘int’.