import shutil import os if os.path.exists("creating file with python function"): path = os.path.realpath("creating file with python function")#path of the file you want to copy makebackup = "path where you want to save the file as backup " + ".bak" shutil.copy(path, makebackup)
Here is what the above code is Doing:
1. First, we import the os and shutil modules.
2. Then, we check if the file exists.
3. If the file exists, we get the path to the file in the path variable.
4. Then, we specify the path to the backup file in the makebackup variable.
5. Finally, we use the copy() method to make a copy of the existing file.