osascript -e 'set x to "a" say x'
Here is what the above code is Doing:
1. The first line is a shebang. It tells the shell what program to use to run the script.
2. The second line is a comment. It’s ignored by the shell.
3. The third line is a command. It tells the shell to run the osascript program with the -e flag.
4. The fourth line is a command. It tells the osascript program to set the variable x to the string “a”.
5. The fifth line is a command. It tells the osascript program to say the value of the variable x.