# Hue running changepassword via command line Linux [root@cdhnok54-1 tmp]# export HUE_CONF_DIR="/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/\`ls -1 /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process | grep HUE | sort -n | tail -1 \`" [root@cdhnok54-1 tmp]# /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hue/build/env/bin/hue changepassword admin Changing password for user 'admin' Password: Password (again): Password changed successfully for user 'admin'
Here is what the above code is Doing:
1. We’re exporting the HUE_CONF_DIR variable to the latest Hue process directory. This is necessary because Hue is a multi-process application.
2. We’re running the changepassword command for the admin user.
3. We’re prompted for the new password.
4. We’re prompted to confirm the new password.
5. We’re notified that the password was changed successfully.