Since its founding in 2005, Reddit has become one of the most popular social news sites on the internet. With over 117 million monthly visitors and more than 8 billion page views per month, it’s no wonder how so many people have fallen for this site. The site, which has attracted a lot of attention in recent months as a result of the election and Game Stop problem, is largely nameless. Whatever the case and you may need to know how to delete reddit account.
How to Delete Reddit Account?
Reddit offers something for everyone. From how to get rid of pimples to how to start a business, users have flocked from all over the world. And while people can post anything they want on this site, Reddit does not encourage posting without accounts. In other words: you need an account in order to comment or submit posts on Reddit!
However if for some reason you no longer want your Reddit account, how do you delete it?
How to Delete Reddit Account via Browser
- Log in to your Reddit account
- In the upper right corner of the screen, choose User Settings from the drop-down menu next to your User name.
- You will be taken to a new screen. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and select Deactivate Account.
- You’ll be asked to input your user name and password, after which you’ll be prompted why are you deleting this Reddit account? You can pick whatever is most appropriate or write something different entirely! This is a voluntary action But worth Filling as that may help you stick to your decision.
- After clicking the check box next to “deactivated accounts are not recoverable” click the Deactivate button.
Note: After you’ve deleted your Reddit account, all of your data, including posts, comments, and other things will be completely eradicated. You won’t be able to log into your Reddit account after you’ve deleted it. It’s not possible to temporarily suspend or disable a Reddit account. As a result, double-check everything before deleting your account.
How to delete Reddit Account on App
If you can’t access Reddit on your computer and Want how to delete a Reddit account from your phone Reddit has an official mobile app and the process to delete reddit account is exactly the same as it was using a web browser.
- Open the Reddit app and, tap your profile symbol, scroll down to select User Settings, and then Choose Help & FAQs.
- After that, you’ll be sent to a different screen, where type the keyword “deactivate account” in the search field and click the search button to display a new webpage.
- Select the question “How Do I Cancel My Account?” from the list of suggestions.
- Click on the link and Log in to the new page using your username and password.
- After logging in and providing the login and password, you may give your Feedback on why you are Deleting your Reddit account
- After Checking the box stating “deactivated accounts are not recoverable” press the buttons here labeled “Delete My Account”.
Does deactivating your Reddit account also deletes your contributions?
– No. Even if you deactivate your account, all of the posts and comments you have submitted will stay on Reddit for everyone to see But your username will be removed from all of your Reddit posts and comments.
Because of this, if you want to remove a certain item do so before canceling your account. After your account has been terminated or canceled, you will not be able to access it to remove any of your postings.